LITHUANIAN GROUP OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Extract from the by-laws
The Lithuanian group of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (abbreviation - AIPPI, AIPPI Lithuanian group) (hereinafter – the Group) – is an autonomous, independent non-governmental organization, uniting on the basis of free will and democracy the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and foreigners, interested in the improvement of the intellectual property protection system, working in the areas of intellectual and patent law, and interested in the problems of protecting the intellectual property. The activities of the group comprise all the territory of the Republic of Lithuania.
Goals of the Group:
Goals of the Group:
- to improve the system of intellectual property protection;
- to help the members of the group to exchange information on various issues of intellectual property protection development.
The Group, implementing its goals:
- studies the laws of foreign countries and international conventions;
- gives proposals on the application of the above-mentioned laws, during the preparation of the laws and other legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania, regulating intellectual property relations, also on issues of entering of the Republic of Lithuania into the international conventions;
- organizes and holds conferences, symposia, seminars, meetings and lectures on practical issues of intellectual property protection, gives consultations in the press on practical issues of intellectual property protection system development;
- cooperates with the non-governmental organizations, associations, registered in the Republic of Lithuania, also with foreign and international organizations and persons, influencing the development of the intellectual property protection in the world;
- disseminates information on issues of intellectual property protection;
- consults on issues of Lithuanian national intellectual property protection legislation and practical issues;
- engages into other activities, according to the procedures stipulated in the law, for the implementation of the activities and goals, foreseen in the by-laws.
- Group members may be the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and/or foreigners, having permanent residence in Lithuania, that are 18 years old.
The Group consists of full members and honorary members.
The full members of the Group have equal rights to participate in the activities of the Group.
- The full member of the group may be any person, working in the area of intellectual and patent law, interested in the problems of intellectual property protection, recognizing the Group’s by-laws and paying the member’s fee of the established size.
- The honorary members of the Group may be the persons, merited in the area of intellectual property protection. They are elected at the General meeting of the Group members by an ordinary vote of majority.